Sunday, November 09, 2008

WINDY!


On October 2nd it was really windy. Quent asked if I would like to go to 8-Mile beach to really experience the storm. The storm lover that I am, I said yes. So we drove out there and saw a lot of water spouts in the water. Gusts of wind would hit our vehicle, but we kept on going on down the road. When we pulled up to a "safe" spot near the beach, we heard a tree fall. And then we saw a tree fall on the hill on the other side of the road as we were walking down to the beach. I began to wonder if we were a little too crazy to be out in the storm like that. Once we were on the beach we couldn't keep our faces in the wind too much because of the ocean water being picked up by the wind and hitting our faces. There is no way we could show pictures to show the power of the wind this evening. I would say there were probably 60 mph gusts. We didn't stay out there too long as it was getting dark (and I was scared!).
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment