Thursday, July 26, 2007

Reflections


Work took me to the Bradfield on Wednesday and Thursday. After work Wednesday offered opportunities to explore the beautiful area. The Bradfield river empties out into the head of the Bradfield Canal that cuts a path through this little piece of the contenent. The Canal ends near Anan and the southeastern edge of Wrangell Island. This is a little creek flowing through the river's floodplain/tideflats.


Part of the Bradfield river at low tide. I paddled through here later in the day when the water was about 10-12 feet higher than it is now.


Kayaked for about an hour and a half at the end of the day. I was just starting out here. It got pretty dark before I finally returned but it was a beautiful way to spend the end of a day. There was only one little requirement. Keep paddling or the bugs will get you. They weren't bad - unless I slowed down.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Quent & Christina,

    I've just spent a looooong time checking out your amazing pictures!!! What else do you do when you live in the UP, it's raining and the baby is sleeping?? Hehehe.

    When Billy gets home I'm going to show him pictures and we'll start planning our trip to Alaska, I'm sure. :0) We're thinking... Five year anniversary?? It would be sweet.

    How is everything going with you guys?? We sure do miss our Alaskan Smiths. If you're coming "home" for Christmas we would love to introduce you to our new little Webster, Amelia Paige. She was born April 30th. Sooooo cute. We're having lots of fun with her.

    I (Cassandra) have a Facebook, and believe that maybe Christina does too?? If so, add me and you can see some updated pictures of the new family. We love you guys!!! God bless. <><

    Cassandra, Billy, and Mia Webster

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top picture on this one too!

    (Guess who again)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top picture on this one too!

    (Guess who again)

    ReplyDelete