Saturday, June 16, 2007

High Country Part II


A friend was kind enough to take a few pictures of me skiing a nice little line.



My campsite. I put the bottom of my sleeping bag in the backpack to keep my feet warm because of a moderately strong north wind. It seemed to work nicely. I stayed cozy and warm. In fact by 6 am I was starting to get a little too warm and decided to get up.


The evening light toward the North. This was at about 11:40pm. I went to sleep a little later and at 2:20am or so I was awakened by birds clucking. A pair of ptarmigan decided to visit me in the early morning light... Yes it was already getting light - it didn't get much darker than this even on a night with no moon. They came within about 20 feet before deciding that I wasn't particularly friendly looking. I fell back asleep and woke up about 15 minutes later to more cackling. A third ptarmigan came wandering by but that one decided it wasn't safe and flew off.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment