Saturday, June 16, 2007

High Country Part I


I hiked up to the North Wrangell High Country Shelter last night (6-15-07) after a baby shower. I didn't get started until 8:37pm and it was after 11 by the time I got to the top. This is a picture of Shoemaker Harbor with all it's lights while I'm trying to hold the camera still. My plan was to hike up by myself and spend the night out under the stars. I hiked up by myself but I wan't alone. When I got to the top there were a number of friends already there, making it a more enjoyable evening. And the sky full of stars didn't really turn out either. Seems like Alaska is the land of the midnight sun. We may not get the midnight sun here in Southeast but the sky still stays relatively light.


No, this isn't a hinged bridge. The extreme snow load of this past winter destroyed this pedistrian bridge.


The snow didn't just break the bridge, it broke much of the longer span step and run.


Rainbow falls has quite a bit of water cascading down over the edge that is generated by melting snow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment