Friday, August 28, 2015

Foxes, Ants, and Silly Kids 6.21.15

Smithers, British Columbia was my favorite place to spend our time on our vacation.

We woke up to another beautiful day and prepared to go on another short walk/hike.

Jeralyn was building a "house" with our firewood.

Playing

The trail we walked on led us to Driftwood Canyon that has a lot of fossils in the rock: birds, bugs, fish, plants.  These were some of the pieces found by other visitors.  Jeralyn was looking at them.


We had lunch at the trail head.  Here's the kids with Quent.

When I was sitting at the picnic table, I noticed ants scurrying about on the ground and I noticed it was like an ant "highway".  So I followed where they were coming/going and they led me to their ginormous ant hill.  I wish we would have put something in this photo for scale. I would say this one was about 2 feet high and 4 feet wide.  And it's moving about with lots and lots and lots of ants.  These were the ant hills the bears were interested in at the campground I mentioned in a previous post.  I have never in my life seen anything like this.  We found a lot of ant hills on our trip.  And I think one time Jeralyn and Joshua got a little too close to an ant hill and there were ants crawling on them.  Eeek!

And then we found the same group of foxes, but this time with their mother.  Jeralyn had fun watching them play.


No comments:

Post a Comment