Monday, December 01, 2014

Gingerbread Baby 11.11.14

We borrowed a book from the library called The Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett.  As usual, when Jeralyn likes a book, she asks me to read it over and over again.  When I mentioned that we could make our very own gingerbread man, she was ecstatic!  I didn't have a gingerbread man cookie cutter, so I had to buy one. 

And then we made cookies...



I showed her an idea of how she could decorate the cookies.  She followed my example and then I think she wanted to use all of those little pink candies so she gave them extra buttons.  I don't think I took a picture of the end result.  She sure enjoyed it!  

And now we have plans to make a gingerbread house with the leftover dough (which is frozen right now).  We will do that pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment