Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dude Mountain 10.12.13

We went on another hike up Dude Mountain one Saturday morning.  It was a foggy morning, but Quent said it makes for some neat views up on the mountain.

Jeralyn was trying on my down jacket I got out to pack for the top of the mountain.

Here I am looking out at the view.  Half of the trail is boardwalk.

The last part of the trail is a bit tricky.  I feel better basically getting on my hands and knees to maneuver up the slope.  I told Quent this was probably the last time I would be making this trip up this trail...at least during the rest of my pregnancy.


When we got to the top, we were walking around trying to find a good place to sit and have lunch.  Jeralyn spotted some goats before Quent and I did.  She said, "Shhh, goats are sleeping!"  And then out popped a startled nanny and kid, running across the mountain, about 20-30 feet from us.  It was so neat that Jeralyn spotted them!

Eating lunch!

The fog would roll in and out of our little lunch spot.  We couldn't see much, but it was better than the last time we ventured up there.


Jeralyn walking on the last part of the trail while we were heading down.

Sweet girl ate all of the berries she could find!

No comments:

Post a Comment