Thursday, May 12, 2011

Snow Day 2.19.2011

On this overcast wintry day Quent and I journeyed up the snowy trail to lower Silvis Lake.  He had on skis and I had snowshoes.  We had a really great time and even discovered a pipeline tunnel which became a great shortcut.


Quent brought some trail mix along.  Last year he started adding gummy bears to the mix.  It makes it even more fun!

Me posing in front of the outhouse only to show how deep the snow was.

It was quite disturbing to me to know that the year before to the day there was NO snow at this very same spot.  But this year the snow was piled up 4-5 feet.

Here comes trouble...

Haha!  Since I'm not a downhill or alpine skier, going on these kind of outings is as close as I get to skiing with Quent.  We had a great time and a lot of laughs.  He probably won't admit it, but I think he was trying to impress his girl with his ski skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment