Monday, April 02, 2007

We were probably about 700-800' in elevation at this point, yet there must have been between ten and fifteen feet of snow at this creek. It was quite a drop down to the creek. This picture was taken as Bob was making the leap (or really big step) across the partial snow-bridge.

Between this and the previous picture we set up camp, ate lunch, took a break, and headed up the mountain. Everyone made better time than me but I had an excuse, I had skis on my back.

Looking at a whisp of the Pacific Ocean. My amazement of Southeast Alaska's endless and unique water ways and islands will probably never die. Not when I see sights like this every once in a while.

None of my pictures conveyed the strong wind except for this one. Scott's yellow lab's ears were flapping in the wind. This guy had energy that we were all envious of. He is seven years old yet had seemingly endless energy as he bounded through snow chasing sticks or fighting the few trees in the alpine for sticks to chase.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment