Saturday, January 27, 2007

Snowshoes and Skis, January 27

I woke up just after four and started up the trail a little before 5 am this morning. The sky is just beginning to show a little light at about 7am. I think this is just beyond 2000 feet, not too bad because I had to hike the road a while to get to the trail. These are my sweet new snowshoes. They are Atlas 1230, which is a mountaineering/backcountry shoe. Pretty nice. I am impressed.

Hope you don't need toilet paper. The only way you can get into this outhouse is by taking off the roof.

The outhouse from another view. This is seven feet of snow in a windblown area! Amazing. Too bad their wasn't about a foot of powder on it, could have had some fun in the powder with my skis instead of fun on ice with my skis. Good thing I have fresh, sharp edges.

I'm standing next to a drift. There were many of these. It was fun walking in, out and around the wind formed snow.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment