Saturday, September 16, 2006

Packing Part III

After packing Kevin's goat for about four miles up and down the mountain ridges and beginning to suffer from exaustion we came into sight of camp. "Almost there!" About that time a big billy goat appeared about eight yards to my right. He didn't notice me until I told Kevin to get the camera out of my pack. This is him as he ponders which way to dive off the rock. If only we had lounged around in camp and waited for this guy to appear. It could have been so much easier.
This is a formidable notch in the upper reaches of the bowl surrounding the valley. Our camp is set up on the last visible nob in the distance (about two miles away). Shortly after I exited this notch, Kevin found a goat he liked and I watched it tumble a good 1000 feet down the mountain. Although the meat was fine the goat wasn't particularly photogenic. Subsequently no photos were published of that particular goat.
It's getting away! Kevin decided to give this one a little extra life. Although I thought this was a young billy, there were kids and a nannies in the area.
Kevin takes aim.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment