Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Summer?

Last spring we would chuckle when we would hear the locals say "It's so hot out!" when it was only 60-something degrees. We thought, "If they only knew!" But the inevitable has happened! We too have come to the same conclusion that 60-something degrees is pretty hot! I guess that's what happens when one becomes accustomed to a climate such as this. Last year summer came and went, but it never felt like it came and it never felt like it went. All of a sudden it was fall (which I think derived it's name from the numerous amounts of raindrops). And I have a feeling that this summer will leave without us ever really taking notice of it. I think there was only a day that it actually got to 80 degrees (last summer there were only 2 days). Most days it's in the mid-50's. But I'm not complaining, no siree! I LOVE these temperatures! While the rest of the country has been hot, we have been wearing our fleece jackets and sweatshirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment